Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas - Introduction to my blog


Merry Christmas!  This blog is being started as a Christmas present for my sister-in-law and for my niece.  I'm hoping it will give them many wonderful ideas of recipes to try, fun crafts, and ideas for other activities to try sometime.

My husband, D., and I made a goal when we got married that we would "always try new things," whether it was a new restaurant, a new activity, or new food.  I've decided to take this and use it as the basis for this blog.  I will post a new craft idea once a week, an idea for an activity to try once a week, and a new recipe every day.  If we try something new that we really enjoy, I will also share about that so you can try it too.

This week (December 25th until December 31st) will follow the theme of "Holiday Cookie Exchange."  Each day of this week will have a different treat found on plates gifted to neighbors, which are great for the holiday season.  Some of these will be cookies, and some will be candies or other holiday treats.  I'm having fun making these treats, and we have enjoyed eating them.  Most of them were made by me for the first time this holiday season, so they were new treats for us to try.

Each week will include a breakfast recipe, a drink recipe, and 5 different courses for a meal.  These courses will include a bread, a salad or an appetizer, a vegetable or a fruit dish, a main dish, and a dessert.

I hope you will follow this blog and enjoy the new recipes posted each day with delicious foods.  I encourage anyone reading to "always try new things" and keep a fun variety in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment