Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Garlic Parmesan Potato Stacks

I realized the other day that I have a ton of potatoes in my pantry that I need to use before they go bad.  I decided to try a bunch of different recipes with them.  So today's recipe is one of those.  A great vegetable side dish to go with almost any meal.


First, thinly slice 4-6 potatoes (depending on size).  My potatoes varied in size, so I ended up using 5 potatoes.  Then in a large mixing bowl, I mixed together my Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, garlic salt, black pepper, and melted butter.  Then I added the potatoes and mixed again so the potatoes were all well covered with the cheese mixture.  Then I removed one potato slice at a time and stacked them in my greased muffin tins until all the potato slices were used and each muffin tin was filled evenly.  Then I scraped the remaining cheese mixture from the bowl and spread it on top of the potato stacks.


Then I baked these potato stacks at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes were tender and the cheese on the top was starting to brown.  Allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.



Garlic Parmesan Potato Stacks
Ingredients:
4-6 potatoes, thinly sliced
1 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 Tbsp. butter, melted

Steps:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease muffin tin well.
2.  Thinly slice potatoes.
3.  In large mixing bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, garlic salt, black pepper, and butter.  Mix well.
4.  Mix potato slices into cheese mixture until all slices are covered.
5.  Removes potato slices and stack them in greased muffin tins.
6.  When all slices are stacked in the muffin tins, scrape out the remaining cheese and spread it on top of the potato stacks.
7.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese on top is starting to brown.
8.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment