Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Foods - Coconut Crusted Salmon

Salmon is a great main dish for your Valentine's dinner because of its aphrodisiac properties.  It is considered an aphrodisiac because it is an excellent source of protein and omega-3s, which elevate serotonin levels in the brain, which in turn enhances your mood.  You can't feel the love if you aren't happy, so bring on the serotonin promoting omega-3s.


I cut my salmon into bite-sized pieces prior to cooking, and refrigerated them in a Ziploc bag until I was ready to cook.  Then I set up my assembly line with my salmon, lemon juice, and coconut-flour mixture.


First, I dipped the salmon into the lemon juice, making sure both sides were covered in juice.


Then I coated both sides of each salmon piece in the coconut mixture (the coconut, flour, and breadcrumbs).



Each piece was then put on the greased baking sheet.



I then baked the salmon for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees, or until they started to brown and were fully cooked.



Coconut Crusted Salmon
Ingredients:
¼ cup flour
¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
2/3 cup shredded coconut
½ cup lemon juice
2 lbs salmon fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces

Steps:
1. Mix together flour, breadcrumbs, and coconut.
2. Dip salmon pieces in lemon juice. Then coat in coconut mixture and place on greased baking sheet.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until starting to brown and fully cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment