Sunday, February 23, 2014

Salsa and Black Bean Scrambled Eggs

D. asked for eggs for breakfast the other day, but I didn't want to make plain scrambled eggs.  I looked in the pantry to see what I had that I could add to the eggs and found a can of black beans and a jar of salsa.  Perfect!  The beans and the eggs would make a protein filled breakfast and the salsa would add some flavor and spice.


This was a really easy breakfast that was full of flavor.  First I cooked my scrambled eggs.


Then I added the can of black beans.


At this point, I scooped out some for M. because he doesn't really like salsa yet.  Then I added salsa and mixed it all together before dishing it out for D. and myself.


You can sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and eat with a dollop of sour cream if desired.

Salsa and Black Bean Scrambled Eggs
Ingredients:
8 eggs
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
16 oz. jar salsa
Shredded cheese (optional)
Sour cream (optional)

Steps:
1.  Cook scrambled eggs.
2.  Mix in black beans.
3.  Mix in salsa.
4.  If desired, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and eat with a dollop of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment