Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine's Foods - Parmesan Asparagus with Sliced Almonds

When I was a child, I loved eating canned asparagus, but now I find that it is too soft.  However, I love when I make it myself, and can control how crunchy and how soft the asparagus is.  Asparagus is an aphrodisiac because it is full of nutrients that are necessary for hormone production.  This asparagus dish turned out amazing and was so quick and easy.


First I melted the butter in a large skillet, and then added the asparagus cooking for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.


Then I added the almonds and Parmesan cheese and stirred it in.  I cooked it for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cheese was lightly browned.


Then I served the asparagus on plates with the rolls (yesterday's recipe) and salmon (tomorrow's recipe).  As I was dishing it out, some of the almonds stayed in the pan after I got the asparagus out, so I served them on top of the asparagus.
.

Parmesan Asparagus with Sliced Almonds
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. asparagus, bottoms trimmed
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese

Steps:
1. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.

2. Stir in almonds and Parmesan and cook until cheese is slightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment