Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Hispanic" Foods

This week will mostly consist of "Hispanic" foods.  I'm putting the word "Hispanic" in quotations, because some are Americanized Hispanic foods, though some of the recipes are traditional Hispanic recipes.  I've been trying to challenge myself to make Hispanic foods since I married into that Hispanic culture since D. is from Honduras.  I've learned that a lot of the Hispanic culture revolves around food, and I'm trying to embrace that.

This week will start with breakfast burritos, which I make every once in a while for D. as a quick easy breakfast.  When I make them, they aren't always the same, but they are always delicious.  Then, I will share a recipe for Horchata, a delicious Mexican cinnamon rice drink.  I will also share a recipe for Spanish rice.  The vegetable recipe and appetizer recipe this week might not be Hispanic foods, but they will be incorporated into the main dish recipe for this week, Carne Asada Fries.  Then for dessert this week, I will share a recipe for Tres Leches Cake.  D. says every week that he wants me to make this cake, but at the same time he doesn't because we'd eat it all in one day (because we love it that much), and he wants to lose weight.

I hope you enjoy the recipes this week as much as I've enjoyed making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment