Monday, January 13, 2014

Creamy White Hot Chocolate

Hi!  My name is JennaMarie and I am a chocoholic.  I would eat or drink anything made with chocolate all day if I could.

With that being said, one of my favorite drinks on a cold winter's night is a cup of hot chocolate.  I have even been known to drink hot chocolate on a hot Florida summer's day.  Packets of hot chocolate mix are good, but I recently learned how to make homemade hot chocolate, and after 2 attempts following some tips I found, I made a perfectly batch of creamy white hot chocolate.


First, I heated up the milk, salt, and sugar until the milk was hot, but not boiling and the sugar was fully dissolved.  Then, mix in the white chocolate and stir constantly until melted.  To make sure it was thick and creamy, I also added some cornstarch and stirred that in completely.  Then it was ready to serve, with mini marshmallows, of course.



I also tried a batch with bittersweet baking chocolate as well, but I think I need to add a little more sugar because my husband didn't care for that batch.  He said it was too bitter, though I thought it tasted okay.  I love dark chocolate, but he doesn't.



Creamy White Hot Chocolate (4 servings)
Ingredients:
-4 c. milk
-1/2 tsp. salt
-2 Tbsp. sugar
-8 oz. white baking chocolate, finely chopped (the smaller the pieces, the easier they melt)
-1 Tbsp. cornstarch
-Mini marshmallows

Steps:
1.  In saucepan, combine milk, salt, and sugar.  Heat until hot, but not boiling.
2.  Add chocolate, stirring constantly until melted.
3.  Mix in cornstarch.
4.  Serve in mugs with mini marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment