Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Spinach-Artichoke Tortilla Bites

Anytime my husband and I go out to eat and decide to get an appetizer, we tend to get Spinach-Artichoke dip if it's available on the menu. I decided to experiment with a new recipe for an appetizer at home one day and mixed together my own Spinach-Artichoke dip, and spread it on tortillas to make little roll-ups. It worked out and we loved it, so now I'm sharing it with you.



First I made the dip by combining the spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, green chilies, garlic, and mozzarella cheese. I cooked it for about 10-15 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally to prevent the dip from sticking to the pan. 




I then spread a thin layer of the dip on each tortilla, rolled them up, and cut them into slices about 1” thick. They are best served warm.






Spinach-Artichoke Tortilla Bites
Ingredients:
1-10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1-14 oz can artichoke hearts, not marinated
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1-4 oz can diced green chilies
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 tortillas

Steps:
1. Drain artichokes and chop.
2. In saucepan, mix together spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, green chilies, garlic, and mozzarella cheese. Heat over low-medium heat until heated through and cheese is melted.
3. Spread dip in a thin layer on each tortilla and roll it up.
4. Slice each tortilla roll into 1” slices and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment