Sunday, January 5, 2014

German (Oven) Pancakes

When I was a child, there were a few breakfasts that my siblings and I only got when we were staying with Grandma because Mom refused to make them because they had a lot of egg and Mom was allergic to eggs. One of these breakfasts was German or Oven pancakes. These quickly became one of my favorites because it was so cool how she cooked them in the oven and they puffed up funny. I recently made them for my family, and everyone loved them too.

First you mix your ingredients to make the batter, then you pour the batter in a greased 9x13” pan and pour the melted butter on top. Then bake in the oven and the heat does all the work. Enjoy with powdered sugar, syrup, fresh fruits, or your other favorite pancake toppings.

German Pancakes
Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
½ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13” pan with cooking spray.
2. In a blender or large bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, and salt.
3. Pour batter into greased pan and pour melted butter over the top.
4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment