Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine's Foods - Strawberry and Cream Danish Rolls

I wanted to make a special treat for a Valentine's breakfast.  I decided to do a sweet roll and with a cream cheese base like a danish and use strawberry jelly as well for the filling.   A perfectly sweet Valentine's treat!


I used Pillsbury Pizza Crust for the dough since it would make the process much quicker and easier to make the rolls.  First I rolled out the dough onto a baking sheet.  Then I spread a cream cheese mixture of cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla over the dough.




Then I spread a thin layer of strawberry jelly on top of the cream cheese mixture.


After rolling the dough, I cut it into pieces.  With the dough being so soft, it is a little hard to cut it with a knife.  The easiest way to cut the rolls is to use a piece of unflavored waxed floss.  Wrap it around the dough It was easier to cut the dough by using unflavored waxed floss and pulling it tight around until it cuts a slice off rather than using a knife.


I placed each roll in a greased 9x13" pan and baked it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until the dough was golden brown on the top.




Strawberry and Cream Danish Rolls
Ingredients:
1 tube Pillsbury Pizza Crust
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2-4 Tbsp. strawberry jelly

Steps:
1.  Unroll pizza crust.
2.  Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and spread on dough.
3.  Spread jelly over cream cheese mixture.
4.  Roll dough and cut into pieces.  I was able to get 8 rolls.
5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until dough is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment