Friday, January 31, 2014

Valentine's Foods - Heart-Shaped Pizza

This year, Valentine's Day falls on a Friday...the perfect night to take your valentine on a date!  For our family, Friday night is typically movie night, and we usually have pizza for dinner while we watch the movie(s).  So I decided to make us a pizza shaped like a heart.


I used pizza dough I got fresh from the Publix bakery and shaped it into a heart.  It kept trying to shrink out of shape, so I quickly put it in the oven to pre-bake the crust for 3-5 minutes at 400 degrees.


Then I spread some pizza sauce over the crust.  You can use the toppings of your choice, and I decided to use thinly sliced bell peppers and onions, sliced black olives, and pepperoni.  After spreading the toppings over the sauce, I sprinkled plenty of cheese over top.


Next, I baked the pizza for 15-20 minutes until the crust was golden brown and the cheese was melted.


Heart-Shaped Pizza
Ingredients:
Pizza Dough
Pizza Sauce
Shredded Cheese
Toppings (i.e. pepperoni, sliced black olives, bell peppers, onions, etc.)

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Shape dough on baking pan. Prebake dough for 3 minutes.
3. Spread sauce and toppings and cheese on dough.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment