Friday, January 24, 2014

Sausage Tortellini Casserole

Pasta is a quick go-to dinner for my family, but sometimes I don't want just plain pasta with sauce. I often like to experiment with what I put in the pasta, and sometimes I'll turn pasta into a casserole. This is one of those delicious casseroles that I came up with. I've made it several times with slight variations each time, but this is the basic recipe I came up with to start. You can try it exactly the way the recipe says or switch it up a little on your own. Change the veggies...Use a tomato based sauce instead of Alfredo...Use a different kind of meat...The choices are endless and so are your dinner possibilities.


First, I cooked the tortellini. Then mixed it with the Alfredo sauce, sausage, onion, bell pepper, and half of the cheese. 


Then I divided this between 2 casserole dishes since neither one was big enough to hold all of the pasta. 


I baked it for 20 minutes, topped with the remaining cheese and baked for 10 more minutes.


Sausage Tortellini Casserole
Ingredients:
-1 package refrigerated tortellini
-1 jar Alfredo sauce
-1 pound sausage, sliced
-1 onion, chopped
-1 green bell pepper, chopped
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook tortellini according to package directions and drain.
3. Mix tortellini, sauce, sausage, onion, bell pepper, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Scoop into a casserole dish (or two if needed).
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment